Nov 13, 2009

My Kids Got Me Playing Farm Town on Facebook!


I'm addicted to Farm Town. My daughter and two grandsons kept sending me "friend requests", which finally caused me to start building my own farm on this very popular Facebook application, just to shut them up! At first it seemed routine and boring, but since my kids were doing it, I thought "why not?". So I kept at it. And then, it happened...I couldn't stop! As much as I told myself I'd had enough, I kept going well beyond a reasonable limit. I felt high with anticipation at each opportunity to add a bigger and better house to my farm. Then, when I was actually allowed by Farm Town to add rivers and lakes, I thought I would ride the high forever! Oh, I knew that the inevitable hangover would make me sorry I ever started Farm Town, but it seemed worth the energy at the time. I could build, and work, and plan, and work, and all my dreams could come true. I could be a billionaire farming magnate, the employer of thousands, sleeping the day away in my own hammock by the lake, surrounded by farm animals that were constantly bleating and mooing me as background noise to a blissful nap, with all the bountiful fruit trees I could ever want just waiting for me to pick their fruity goodness.

I could live in that world! But then, the reality came crashing down. There was a limit to this ever-expanding, rich simulated existence! Farm Town ends at Level 34, and the farm itself only expands to 22 x 22! And then what? The cravings for more and more stuff would have to be unsatisfied. Could I endure the depression of turning on the computer and not being able to expand my farm life? Stay tuned, folks, because I am approaching the dreaded "Level 34"...the end of this madness?? Or will I be forced to try the real hard stuff -- FarmVille!

2 comments:

Carley Elise said...

Update - there are now 60 levels in Farm Town! That's an insidious and intentionally cruel plan to steal away my idle hours to be spent playing more and more Farm Town!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks