May 15, 2007

Fat, Older Sexy Women!!

Yes, I said "fat" and "older" in the same sentence as "sexy"! It's time our society transformed its ideas of "thin" and "young" as equating "sexy". After all, it is well known that in the United States the majority of women are overweight. As a woman of 54, I have certainly become aware that when a woman hits her forties and fifties, the body just wants to hang onto that fat.

But someone I consider to be a handsome, desirable male told me that I am a big, sexy, beautiful woman and exciting to be with. Then another man found me exciting and beautiful. Instead of feeling inferior because I am not Paris Hilton, I found myself accepting the beauty and sexuality that a fat, older woman can possess. In an increasing number of personal ads on the internet I am noticing that some men want "BBW" only (big, beautiful women). Well, I'm a BBW (overweight), but the realization that some men are not attracted to "skinny-assed bitches" (as quoted from a personal ad I read) has made me stop excusing myself for my age or weight when I am dating. In fact, many younger men pursue older women because of their maturity and experience, which makes lovemaking much more pleasurable for them than with a skinny young thing who doesn't know what to do.

I remember with sadness that several male friends became disinterested in their wives because they had gained weight as the years went by. Naturally! That's what our bodies do, especially when menopause strikes and the metabolism decreases. This is the dangerous stage when men tend to look for younger women for affairs or more. If only there were a sex education class or something that could educate them to the desirability of their wives! Attitude is everything. It's all perspective of the individual. The media doesn't help the matter any (except for the movie "Shallow Hal"), with its glorification of youth and beauty. Let's remember that some of the sexiest famous women are fat. Check out http://top40bigbeautifulwomen.xk.pl/ to see who's considered fat and sexy (and a fair number of them are now over 40). It's time for the fat, older sexy woman revolution!!!

No comments: